POLSERVICE is one of the biggest patent and trademark attorneys firms in Poland. The firm has been operating on the market since 1964. POLSERVICE currently employs 41 patent and trademark attorneys (including 29 European patent attorneys) specialised in various areas of technology, law and economy, and teams of experienced lawyers and professional translators.
Areas of practice
POLSERVICE provides a variety of services in all fields of industrial property and IP protection for companies and individual clients from all over the world. The main fields of activity include:
- patents, utility models and industrial designs;
- trademarks, trade names and geographical indications;
- internet domain names;
- patent and trademark searches;
- new plant varieties;
- copyrights and combating unfair competition;
- licence agreements and exclusive rights transfer;
- litigation, enforcement and dispute resolution;
- anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy actions; and
- monitoring and payment of renewal fees.
POLSERVICE attorneys represent clients before the Polish Patent Office, the European Patent Office (EPO) and the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), as well as before civil, administrative and arbitration courts. They also cooperate with customs and prosecution authorities.
POLSERVICE is proud of representing over 2,650 clients from more than 70 countries, being both worldwide corporations and local small and medium-sized enterprises. Additionally, POLSERVICE has been cooperating with the most renowned patent and trademark firms in all European countries, the United States, Canada, South and Central America, Asia, Australia and Africa, which enables the firm to provide efficient legal protection for its clients all over the world.
In each case the firm looks for the best solution to satisfy its clients. A unique and creative approach to all tasks, supported by profound legal and technical knowledge, has earned POLSERVICE the trust of the clients.
POLSERVICE and its attorneys are members of many international organisations gathering companies and individuals dealing with IP protection, inculding:
- the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property;
- the International Trademark Association;
- the European Communities Trademark Association;
- the Licensing Executives Society International;
- MARQUES; and
- the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office.
Aside from their everyday duties, the firm’s attorneys attend numerous meetings, conferences and trainings held in Poland and abroad, also as lecturers or moderators. As a result of their continuous involvement, many of the firm’s attorneys serve as leaders of these organisations or their respective committees.
POLSERVICE is also involved in a range of pro bono activities supporting, among others, the Sinfonia Varsovia Foundation.
Both Polish and international IP magazines rank POLSERVICE as one of the top trademark and patent firms in Poland.
Awards and distinctions
- Granted the IP Firm of the Year title by Managing Intellectual Property
- Named as a recommended firm by IAM Patent 1000 2017
- Named as a recommended firm by World Trademark Review 1000 2017
- Named as an IP Stars top tier firm 2017
- Named as a recommended firm by Global Law Experts
- Listed among the best Polish companies from 2006 to 2017 in Managing Intellectual Property
- Received gratitude from the Polish Patent Office for joint efforts to protect industrial property and the development of innovation
73 Bluszczanska Street
Andrzej Ponikiewski, Board president
Elżbieta Wilamowska-Maracewicz, Board member
Marta Kawczyńska, Polish and European patent attorney
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email