Jiancheng Jiang is a senior partner at WAN HUI DA and managing partner at PEKSUNG Intellectual Property Ltd.
Mr Jiang is a well-respected figure in China’s IP circle. He embarked on the career of practising patents in 1987 when he joined a pioneer IP agency, China Patent Agent (HK) Ltd. He served for 16 years consecutively as patent attorney, manager of the chemical department, deputy director of the Beijing office and assistant general manager.
Mr Jiang founded PEKSUNG Intellectual Property Ltd in 2003, in response to surging client demands and market dynamics. He has been leading PEKSUNG’s practice group in tailoring agile, reliable and efficient legal solutions to cater to the IP needs of multinationals and Fortune 500 corporation clients in China.
Mr Jiang has significant experience in advising clients in various patent prosecution and contentious matters. His expertise primarily focuses on prosecuting and litigating complex patent disputes (re-examination, invalidation and infringement), and on planning, advising and executing corporate strategies for the defence and enforcement of patents in a wide variety of technical fields, including biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and organic chemistry.
Mr Jiang is vice president of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys China and the All-China Patent Attorneys Association.
Mr Jiang’s recent publications include the following:
- “Recent PRB Decisions on Pharma and Biotech Inventions”, Asia IP, October 2015
- “Patents”, IP Protection in China (Donna P Suchy, ed, 1st ed), ABA Publishing, 2015 (co-author)
- “Closer to Best Practice”, China IP Focus, 2015
- “US and China: Approaches to Experimental Use”, The Patent Lawyer, January/February 2015 (co-author)
- “Precedent Fails to Help Applicants”, China IP Focus, 2014
- “Clarification in Dealing With Patent Errors”, China IP Focus, 2013
- China Bar Association
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email