Maria Zamkova is CEO and senior partner of Fenix Legal KB and head of the patent department. She is registered with the EU Intellectual Property Office as a professional European trademark and design attorney, has a master’s in industrial design and has also studied management, law, marketing and business economy.
Ms Zamkova works with patents, designs and trademarks. Her practice is especially focused on patent prosecution and IP due diligence, where she has led a number of IP due diligence projects involving Asian companies’ business development in the Scandinavian market.
She is an expert in European patents and a frequent lecturer on intellectual property and business strategies.
Her clients comprise both multinational and Scandinavian enterprises, many of them in the wireless communications, digital multimedia and medical technology industries.
Ms Zamkova is a member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the Association of IP Professionals in Swedish Industry, the Association of Swedish Patent Attorneys and the International Trademark Association.
She is the exclusive winner of the Client Choice Awards 2017, Intellectual Property – Patent category for Sweden.
Ms Zamkova is a member of the editorial board of The Patent Lawyer Magazine and wrote the article “The Unified Patent Court in the Nordic-Baltic Region”, published in the March/April 2016 edition. Her other publications include:
- “The rise and rise of AI” (an update on patent protection for Artificial Intelligence), World Intellectual Property Review, January/February 2016;
- “FRAND is our FRIEND” (Swedish practice on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing agreements), World Intellectual Property Review, May/June 2016; and
- “The problems of file-sharing” (is the user automatically a part of the infringement?), World Intellectual Property Review, September/October 2016.
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email