Jeff Bragalone is a founder of Bragalone Conroy PC in Dallas, Texas. He received his JD, with honours, from the University of Texas School of Law in 1987, where he was a member of the National Moot Court team and the Benton Moot Court team and was selected to the Order of Barristers.
Mr Bragalone and Bragalone Conroy PC have a nationwide complex commercial litigation practice, with an emphasis on patent and IP litigation matters and technology-related cases. He has a wide variety of experience, including over 75 inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and extensive patent litigation involving:
- wireless networking;
- liquid crystal displays;
- semiconductor devices, including dynamic random-access memory, static random-access memory, electrically erasable programmable read-only memory and flash;
- predictive text algorithms;
- circuit breakers;
- optical character recognition;
- inter-ocular lenses;
- user interfaces;
- object-relational mapping software;
- telephone circuitry;
- network switches;
- asymmetric digital subscriber line;
- voice coding;
- computer batteries;
- disk drives;
- vibratory finishing processes;
- satellite broadcasting;
- personal computer compression software; and
- computerised reservation systems.
Mr Bragalone also has significant experience in the areas of software licensing, trademark, copyright and trade dress litigation. In non-IP cases, he has been lead counsel in numerous complex matters, including:
- securities litigation;
- unfair competition;
- Lanham Act proceedings;
- commercial lending;
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organisations Act proceedings;
- constitutional law;
- probate and estate litigation;
- bankruptcy adversary proceedings;
- employment disputes and non-compete agreements; and
- class actions.
Mr Bragalone also has an active appellate practice, having successfully argued over a dozen appeals in precedent-setting cases before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans and the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Dallas.
Mr Bragalone is a trustee of the Dallas Theatre Centre, where he serves as president of the board. He can sometimes be seen onstage in the Dallas Bar Association’s annual “Bar None” variety show.
Before forming Bragalone Conroy PC, Mr Bragalone was a name partner in another Dallas IP law boutique firm and was a former partner at McKool Smith, PC.
- Dallas Bar Association,
Sample client list
- Innovative Display Tech, Novosbed, Securus Tech, Soraa, Three Point Capital, Trademango Solutions, Valencell, Wi-LAN
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email