Being one of the oldest firms in Turkey, Ankara Patent provides services in every aspect of intellectual property. With the experience and knowledge of three generations, Ankara Patent provides a road map for the protection of IP assets from the stage of idea creation to the end of the lifecycle of products and services, including commercialisation.
Ankara Patent has a strong influence on the development of intellectual property in Turkey. Hayri Dericioğlu founded Ankara Patent in 1964 after working as an IP directorate and an industry inspector under the Ministry of Industry. He wrote one of the first articles and books in the field of intellectual property and contributed to the development of IP literature and terminology.
Chairman of the board of directors Kaan Dericioğlu played an active role on former patent, trademark and design decree-laws. He and the other board members teach in universities and share their experience and expertise in the IP field.
Ankara Patent maintains a leading position with its unique system of analysis, evaluation and recommendation, and continues to create valued partnerships with all of its clients. Ankara Patent has offices in Ankara and Istanbul, and a team of 100 engineers, lawyers and business consultants.
Ankara Patent has a highly selective client portfolio which includes universities, large international and national conglomerates (and their subsidiaries), 25 of the top 100 firms in Capital Magazine’s “Turkey’s Top 500 Companies” list and three of the top five recipients of Turkish Patent Institute awards in 2015.
Its diversity of technical fields covers:
- biology and biotechnology;
- materials science;
- mechanical engineering;
- physical sciences;
- semiconductors; and
- information science and technology, communications and software.
Ankara Patent provides a full range of services in the field of intellectual property and acts as a one-stop shop globally with its network of colleagues and solution providers.
Filing and prosecution:
- Patent, utility model, trademark, design, geographical indications and traditional specialities applications before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent, utility model, trademark, design validations, annuity payments and renewals
- Patent, utility model, trademark, design, geographical indications oppositions
- Patent, utility model, trademark, design, geographical indications counter statements
- Patent, utility model, trademark, design, geographical indications reply against decisions
- Registering copyright before the Turkish Ministry of Culture
- Registering domain names
- Filing Trademark Clearinghouse applications
- Filing anti–counterfeiting actions before the Turkish Customs Authority
- Registering new varieties of plants before the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock
- IP strategy and portfolio management
- Customised IP intelligence reports
- Patent mapping
- IP SWOT analysis
- Technological trend analysis
- International status report visualisation
Search and watch:
- Patent research and watch, including:
- freedom to operate
- technical comparison report
- Trademark search and watch, including:
- similar search
- identical search
- brand watch
- Design search and watch, including:
- design watch
Databases created by Ankara Patent
- MARAS – Turkey’s first trademark database created with the purpose of trademark search, watch and observation in 1985
- PATARA – a patent database created with the purpose of search, watch and observation of patent and utility model applications and certifications in 1994
- TAMARA – Turkey’s first design search database created with the purpose of search, watch and observation in 1997
Bestekar Sokak 10
Ekin Dericioğlu Kurt, Board member
Aysu Dericioğlu Egemen, Board member
Korcan Dericioğlu, Board member
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email